Hiring an Events & Marketing Coordinator at Central Coast Grown -closed
Central Coast Grown (CCG) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, which champions a sustainable local and regional food system in San Luis Obispo. Our vision is to restore people’s connection with the land and the food it produces in order to nourish the bodies, minds and spirits of our community, and to sustain the landscape that supports us.
The Events & Marketing Coordinator should be passionate, enthusiastic, professional and organized. We are looking for a candidate who will accurately represent CCG’s mission through planning our own events and tabling at others. The position will be responsible for implementing CCG’s marketing strategy and helping in the development process.
We are seeking someone who can manage interns, plan and conduct events from start to finish, is flexible, and enjoys a great deal of independence and responsibility.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Host events that highlight local food and agriculture
- Showcase our community resources and provide educational opportunities through events
- Work with the CCG team to develop and implement a marketing strategy
- Work with social media interns to spread awareness of CCG’s work
- Attend tabling events
- Professional written and communication skills
- Detail oriented, organized, able to track projects and multiple tasks through to completion;
- Ability to effectively manage multi-faceted events including logistics, attendees, volunteers, etc.
- Comfortable using Google products: mail, calendar, documents
- Brand management experience i.e. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram
- Knowledge of sustainable agriculture, community farms, or the local food movement;
- Marketing/PR experience
This position requires a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends. It will average 15hours/ week and pay $12-13/hour. To apply, please send a letter of interest and resume to Jenna Smith at email@example.com with “Event Coordinator” in the subject line by October 4th, 2013.
Equal Opportunity Employer
CCG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such we value diversity and actively solicit candidates from all ethnic and racial backgrounds. Our Board adopted policy prohibits discrimination in all its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, political affiliation or belief, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status or any other basis prohibited by law.