Our Global Family Children’s Garden is Being Created at City Farm with Your Support
Our Global Family Wish List
Our Global Family Demonstration Garden is now under construction by members of the San Luis Obispo Permaculture Guild under the leadership of Teresa “Tree” Lees, a credentialed teacher in vocational agriculture and environmental curriculum specialist at the County Office of Education. It will be a place to gather and experience the glorious biodiversity of the plants and the peoples of the planet. It is a place where the community can come and be together on the land as one.
We need community support to build the four quadrants on the land where we will create “cultural centers” of food crops from the cradles of civilizations such as: NORTH – (European/Middle Eastern Center), EAST – (Far Eastern/Asiatic Center), SOUTH – (Africa & Australia Center) and the WEST – (The Americas Center). Please look over our Wish List if you’re interested in donating to the gardens.
This holiday season you and your family can be part of creating this legacy project. There is a “wish list” of bare root fruit trees & berries that can be purchased at Bay Laurel Garden Center in Atascadero. Now through January your family can either go to Bay Laurel Garden Center to purchase items from the “wish list” attached or you can write a check for the value of the item of your choice.
Plants can be purchased:
- At Bay Laurel Garden Center, 2500 El Camino Real, Atascadero, 805-466-3449
- VIA CONTRIBUTION, make checks out to INSTITUTE FOR SUSTAINABLE LIVING c/o Jim Cole, 647 Nicklaus St., Paso Robles, CA 93446. Please include “OGF” in the subject line. All contributions are tax-deductible. Receipt of donation will be mailed to return address, unless otherwise noted. Please include your email address if electronic delivery is preferable.
Starting in 2015 there will be monthly family work days at City Farm and you are invited. Each month, at the work day we will have an educational component that will showcase a permaculture design practice.
- Fourth Saturday of every month
- 10am – 2pm
- Please bring your own shovel, gloves, hat and drinking water.
- City Farm is located at 1221 Calle Joaquin: off Los Osos Valley Road head north on Calle Joaquin past the AAA office, America’s Tires, Motel 6, and Chevrolet and Mercedes Benz car dealerships and park in the cul-de-sac.
Our Global Family Demonstration Garden will have education around WHERE our food comes from – literally, in terms of country of origin of our agricultural crops and modern permaculture techniques, HOW food is grown around the world and WHY it is important to learn from the indigenous cultures of the world. We will provide education about the fruits, berries, vegetables, grains, herbs and spices that are used in ethnic cuisine and medicines from around the world. We will have educational programs, field trips and summer camps on the cultural foods, art, music and dance and other festivities from the four corners of the world. We really are all part of one big family on this beautiful planet Earth!
December 18, 2014
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Teresa “Tree” Lees